Should you move or should you remodel your home?
When a family is growing – or shrinking – homeowners start to question whether they should remain in their current home. Roeser Home Remodeling can help you sort out the pros and cons of remodeling versus moving.
Let’s start with some questions. Being honest will highlight problem areas of your home. Knowing problem areas that need to be fixed can help make your decision.
Move or Remodel?
- Do you love the neighborhood? Have frequent over-the-fence chats with your neighbors? A neighborhood where you feel comfortable and safe is a big plus.
- What do you love about your current home? Do you love the size of the bedrooms? The high ceilings? Older homes often have fewer but bigger bedrooms and some people like that. Others need more bedrooms than they currently have.
- What would you change about your current residence? Maybe you don’t like those high ceilings. Or the layout is poorly designed without a good flow to it.
- How long do you plan to or need to stay in your current home? Some couples have a 5- or 10-year plan. They know they will stay in one area until their children go through the local school system before moving. Others, such as members of the military, know they will only be there a few years before moving on.
- What is the condition of the current home? Perhaps the kitchen and bathrooms – the two most common rooms that are renovated – need to be updated by a couple decades. But what if the plumbing and wiring is very outdated and there are major structural upgrades that need to be done.
- Do you have an emotional attachment to the home? If it’s the house where you raised your children, you may not want to move to downsize. Can the house be reconfigured to be more accommodating to an aging couple?
- What is your budget? As expensive as it might be to remodel, it will be less costly in the long run to get a remodeling loan than it is to finance a new home.
You’ve answered the question, “should you remodel your home” with a YES! You know you can count on your neighbors in a pinch and you love the many charms of your house. But boy, you wish it had an extra bathroom. And your elderly mother-in-law might have to move in with you.
What’s Your Next Step?
What will you get when you work with Roeser Home Remodeling? Quality. Quality work and quality products. Durability. A team of experts with integrity.
Still Don’t Know If You Should Remodel?
If you’re still undecided if you should remodel, take a look at this video of a couple who decided to use Roeser Home Remodeling to renovate their home, rather than move. And feel free to take a look at our portfolio of past projects for ideas YOU can use.