Kitchen Remodeling Trends for 2024
Welcome to 2024! A new year means new opportunities for change and we are all about that at Roeser Home Remodeling. After all, it’s our job to change people’s lives by recreating and reshaping their living spaces.
If you’ve been putting off remodeling your kitchen, 2024 is a good time to stop procrastinating! Kitchens matter! They are the heart of the home in many respects; where family and friends meet to eat and talk, couples share intimate meals, holidays are celebrated, kids do their homework, parents discuss the inevitable difficult topics, and plan vacations over cups of coffee
The layout, the amount of space you have to work with, the color scheme, and the appliances all affect how you feel about this all-important space. Is it inviting? Or does it make it harder to enjoy yourself? Are the appliances outdated? Does it have features that just don’t work? If the answer to the last three questions is yes, then maybe it’s time for a change.
Bridging the gap between the past and the future is Roeser Home Remodeling’s specialty. We love taking outdated kitchens and giving them new life.
Let’s talk about kitchen remodeling trends for 2024 and how we can help you choose features that will bring you joy for years to come.
Latest Kitchen Remodeling Trends for 2024
The priority in kitchen design for 2024 is the “joy of living”. This means creating versatile spaces that can adapt to different functions and activities. We believe many, if not most, of these are sustainable—meaning you aren’t likely to regret making these changes in a year or two.
- Gold finishes for faucets are gaining popularity, followed by stainless steel and black finishes. These finishes add a touch of elegance and sophistication to the kitchen space.
- Solid surfaces are being used as backsplashes, offering easy maintenance and a luxurious appearance. This trend ensures the kitchen remains both functional and visually appealing for a longer period.
- Warm, rich colors like dark green, brown, burgundy, and saturated hues are replacing the all-white kitchen trend. Along with creamy whites and wood tones, these colors create a calming and inviting ambiance.
- Natural wood grain cabinetry remains on-trend, with a focus on contemporary and modern designs. This choice adds warmth and character to the kitchen space. These cabinets both look better and last longer than pressed wood and are easier to repaint when the homeowner needs a change.
- Optimized storage solutions, such as walk-in pantries, butler’s pantries (nice to see that one returning to popularity), and customizable drawer dividers, are in high demand. These solutions help homeowners keep their kitchens organized and efficient. Using drawers for pots and pans and plates instead of cabinets has grown in popularity over the last few years, as they are efficient and work well in tight kitchen spaces.
- Beverage stations, including coffee cabinets and wine bars, are becoming popular additions to kitchens. These dedicated spaces allow homeowners to indulge in their favorite drinks without cluttering kitchen counters with all the accoutrements, as well as simplifying clean up.
- Appliance garages continue to grow in popularity, allowing easy access to appliances and keeping counters and work spaces uncluttered.
- Quartz and high drama marble countertops and flooring, particularly in lighter colors with honed or matte finishes, are the top choice for 2024. They offer durability, versatility, and a sleek appearance. Marble counter tops last for many years and look great with just a little extra care.
- Natural lighting has become the go-to preference for homeowners as everyone has become savvier about its health benefits. Large windows and glass doors are used to bring natural light and the beauty of the outdoors into the kitchen.
- Layered lighting is popular this year. It incorporates ambient, decorative, and nighttime lighting, creating a well-lit and visually appealing space for cooking and entertaining.
- Quiet appliances and soft push-to-open cabinet technology contribute to a serene kitchen experience. These features minimize noise and create pleasant, peaceful ambiance.
- Safety concerns have led to an increased use of induction cooktops as an alternative to gas stoves. Induction cooktops offer the temperature control precision of gas without the risk of open flames or the reliance on a limited resource.
- Stainless steel remains the dominant choice for appliances, with French door refrigerators and integrated induction cooktops being on-trend. These appliances combine functionality and modern aesthetics.
- Statement range hoods, made from wood and stainless steel, offer a personalized touch to kitchen designs. They serve as a focal point while also providing ventilation.
- Eat-in kitchens with islands are growing in popularity, providing additional storage and featuring distinct color cabinetry and countertops. This trend creates a multifunctional space for cooking, dining, and socializing. And it allows homeowners in smaller homes to use the space previously allocated for dining to meet other needs.
Timeless Kitchen Elements That Never Go Out of Style
In a world filled with technology and complicated daily lives, people are seeking “simpler times” in the form of older homes. And restoration of older houses is extremely popular. If you have a home like this, then half the work is done for you. You just have to know what to change and what accentuate as is. Preserving the original charm and incorporating vintage elements can create a unique and personalized kitchen space. But even if you don’t have an older home, you can add vintage touches and features that create the same feeling, such as:
- If you have a butler’s pantry, count yourself lucky! This storage solution keeps the kitchen clutter-free and organized while making it easy to access the things you need when you need them.
- Incorporating natural materials like wood and stone adds a timeless and enduring appeal to the kitchen. These materials bring warmth and character to the space. They last longer than artificial choices and lend a warmth to the home that other materials just don’t deliver.
- When possible, decorate with period pieces such as older tables and chairs, vintage dishes and pots and pans.
- Choose colors and features that reflect the period your home is from or from the era you want to reflect. When people walk through your home and into your kitchen, you want a sense of period continuity.
- Choose appliances that won’t overwhelm the period you’re interested in. They might not add to the atmosphere, but they shouldn’t detract from it either.
- Striking a balance between classic designs and modern minimalism creates a versatile and timeless look. This balance ensures that the kitchen remains stylish and functional for years to come.
Whenever possible, we encourage homeowners to make eco-friendly choices when they remodel. Not only is it kinder to the environment, sustainable choices like real wood and stone will last longer and in the long run leave a smaller footprint.
- Introducing indoor gardens, natural stone countertops like marble, and multifunctional islands to enhance functionality and aesthetics. These features bring nature into the kitchen and create a harmonious and inviting atmosphere. Plants provide several health benefits as they help clean the air and contribute to mental health by simply being there.
- Using sustainable and eco-friendly flooring options like wood and stone to minimize the environmental impact. These materials are durable, renewable, and contribute to a healthier indoor environment.
- Enlarging windows to bring in natural light provides a connection to the surrounding environment. This creates a bright and open space.
Marrying technology to Innovative Design is a Must
In this day and age, combining carefully chosen smart home technology with a sustainable, attractive design is important to your home’s value as well as convenient for you. Among some of the best kitchen remodeling trends for 2024 are some great innovative ideas for smart and sustainable kitchens, including:
- Integrating smart home technology to create connected and efficient kitchen spaces. This includes smart refrigerators, ranges, and dishwashers that offer advanced features and convenience.
- Experimenting with smart statement lighting fixtures, ceilings, and backsplashes to create focal points and visual interest. These elements add personality and uniqueness to the kitchen design.
Acknowledging the enduring appeal of all-white kitchens while embracing innovative elements and design concepts.
Embrace the Future of Kitchen Remodeling: Call Roeser Today
Incorporating the latest kitchen remodeling trends for 2024 with other sustainable, timeless choices allows you to create a kitchen you will enjoy for years to come
Roeser Home Remodel has been in the business of helping homeowners reshape and expand their homes for over twenty years. Our standards are high and we don’t accept every project because we will only do the job if we can do it right. The Staff at Roeser Home Remodeling brings the same expectations to every job—quality, customer satisfaction, and integrity. You will always get our best. Without fail. Our goal is to make the entire process as easy as possible while still giving the client the high-quality results they deserve.
Roeser Home Remodeling has been the recipient of many awards, including Best Houzz of 2020. Our Director of Design, Brandi Ward, has won several awards for her kitchen designs, and recently accepted one from ShowPlace Cabinets for her beautiful kitchen design. Brandi is an expert in creating functional kitchen layouts for families!
We are members of the Home Builders Association of St Louis, which shows our willingness to be held accountable for the quality of our work. Roeser Home Remodeling uses only the best materials, including products like Wellborn Cabinets and Showplace Cabinets. And we have an A+ rating with BBB.
Want to know more? Check out our portfolio and give us a call.